Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Today's Run OR Doggerel

The weather was perfect--slightly cool and still sunny;
The kind of the weather that makes me feel runny:
Runny nose
Runny legs
Runny feet
Runny head
It was time for me to get out of my bed.

The dog was with me, my legs stretching long;
I was hitting my marks, I was feeling quite strong.
Runny nose
Runny legs
Runny feet
Runny head
I was very glad I got out of my bed.

About halfway through in the shade of the trees,
I struggled for breath and I started to wheeze.
Runny nose
Runny legs
Runny feet
Runny head
I wondered if I should have stayed in my bed.

Then, near the end, as if meeting a dare,
I looked all around--there were cars everywhere!
Runny nose
Runny legs
Runny feet
Runny head
I was afraid I might land in a hospital bed.

But still I moved on, and I made some good time;
Just an every day run in a really bad rhyme.
Runny nose
Runny legs
Runny feet
Runny head
I'm glad I got out and instead of staying in bed.