Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Race Week: Great Hera! It's Here!

It's here! It's really here! If I was excited about this project before, I am twice as excited--and scared--now. This isn't just an idea. This isn't just a whim. This is the Real Deal. This is happening!*

The costume fits well and is comfortable at first blush. I won't lie--I am definitely Chunky Wonder Woman. There's not enough compression fabric in the world to make me less muffin-y. But back to the SFT** rules one and two: ditch self-consciousness and embrace Lycra. Oh, and another one of her rules: above all, have fun!

I will give it a test run tomorrow. I wonder what the neighbors will think. Good thing I tend to run while it's still dark.

In the meantime, I had a lovely walk this morning with Luna-pup, but that really deserves its own post. Probably next week, after my first race kerfluffle is over.

Remember to do your part in this silly adventure by sending me your signs!

* I think I just threw up a little.
** Slow Fat Triathlete for those of you playing at home.