Friday, October 26, 2012

Race Week: Packet Pick Up

Fall decided to arrive today. As I was standing in a very long line for early voting, huddling against the wind, I began to worry about the weather tomorrow. I'm going to try to do the race in the tank top, but I will definitely layer before and after. Hopefully the cold(er) will get me moving faster.

After "carbo-loading" at a nearby Olive Garden,* we drove to pick up my race packet. Got my t-shirt and a few goodies (what's with the coupons for rice and donuts?). Most importantly, I got my number** and race instructions.

Not much left to do before tomorrow. My costume is washed and ready to go. I have parking cash and sort of know where to go. All that's really left to do is to relax and get some rest.

*hysterical laughter* I know, right?

Don't forget to send me your race sign pictures!

*Yes, I am aware of how many things are wrong with that phrase.
** Do not taunt Happy Fun Disposable Race Chip.