Thursday, November 1, 2012

Today's Run OR Whether the Weather Be Cold or Whether the Weather Be Hot ...

I wish our weather was maybe a titch less bouncy.
Aaaand back to wearing shorts.

I shouldn't complain--the weather this morning was great! It was cool enough to get moving but not overheat. I have to explain to more northerly family and friends, though: You know that feeling you have in March when it's still cold, not too cold, but you're just kind of sick of the whole cold thing? That's how we feel about the heat in November. (Holy cow, it's November!)

Anyhow, I've been going "free-form" in terms of training, meaning I run for as long as I think I can, walk a while, back to running, and so on; I've done the route enough to know where the warm up ends and the cool down kicks in. This morning was one of those odd "I'm running. I usually walk here. Don't feel like walking. I'm running a little farther" kind of deals. Made a PR in terms of pace. So, yay!

I got my official event photos last night (see sidebar of this blog). That made me feel a little better about not making it to the event Flickr stream. I know I'm not going to be a size 10, but I wish I looked a little less bull-necked.* Costume looks cute, though. And I have a waistline. I'm planning on doing a series of progressive event shots to see the changes to my body. The bag full of Non-Recession Candy Miss got trick-or-treating last night isn't going to help any, though.**

* I'm blaming the camera position. They were shooting upward, which is assuredly not my best angle. Thankfully, I'm not the only one with this problem.
** Last year, we went out trick-or-treating with friends. One of the moms looked through the haul and declared it Recession Candy. I'm pretty sure you know what that means; for example, if you can't find the item in a non-"fun size" or there are flavors of Tootsie Rolls other than chocolate. Not that I won't eat it. Just sayin.'