Thursday, November 29, 2012

Today's Run OR I Came to Kick Butt and Chew Bubble Gum

The up side of cooler weather is that is easier to really get moving once I get out the door, if only to get warm. The down side is getting out the door, especially when Luna gets really snuggly. But I went. Of course.

Because of how the audio cues fall, I didn't know how well I had been doing until I was nearly home. I was very pleased. I'm watching my running intervals become more solid one at a time, like sliding beads on a string. Once every running interval is set, I'll up the time again.

So, yes, right now I'm concentrating on speed, although it feels strange to call it that. In my mind, I'm working on the goal of actually running an entire 5K with no walk intervals. I know it's not necessary, but I feel like I have to get this done before switching to longer distances.

I was pondering this morning about how on earth I'm going to be able to train for distance. Right now, devoting a half hour is pretty easy. If I'm going to go 10K and beyond, I need to think of 1 hour+ training sessions. Does that mean getting up even earlier? How badly do I want this?