Thursday, November 22, 2012

(Virtual) Race Report: Gobbler Gallop

Charity: For the Love of the Kids
Finish Time: 0:42:17

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Of the virtual races I have done so far, this felt the most "race-like." Part of it was the bib. I normally feel a little weird about pinning on a bib for a run around the neighborhood; but the one that was sent in my race packet was so nice, I felt obligated to wear it. I'm glad I did. It helped me take the venture seriously.

Another part that helped was that my family got up with me to see me off; Mister set the timer for 40 minutes, and then he and Miss greeted me at the finish line (aka the end of our block).

But little things made this race wonderful. The weather is gorgeous. No technical issues with my GPS or my music. Easy traffic. Easy terrain. Met a couple walking their dogs at one point who cheered me on. I was also mindful that both my Running Mama was racing this morning, as well as one of my dearest friends participating in her first 5K; I said a prayer of gratitude for them both.

I have a lot for which to be thankful. I really do.

And now, as Master Shifu would say, "I am free to eat."