Sunday, November 11, 2012

(Virtual) Race Report: World Run Day


It's an odd convergence of World Run Day and Rememberance Day/Veterans Day. Last Sunday, our parish celebrated the Feast of All Saints (although it is actually 1 Nov). During our mass, we are given the opportunity to light a candle in memory of those who have died.

So, when I ran today, I was thinking a lot about how life and death inform each other. I run to experience and appreciate life as well as prolong it.

Not sure what
the neighbors thought
Or at least that was the intent. A lot of the run was fighting my GPS, and then later having to adjust the map manually. It's very discouraging in the middle of the run, as I can't relax and just pay attention to my body. Hence, I end up walking more than I intend. I did, however, solve part of my calf ache issues by paying attention to my feet--rolling through toe to heel rather than hitting flat.

I'm calling official time at 43:50. Really got to pick it up before next month.