Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Today's Walk

When the alarm goes off at 5:30AM, I have the choice of sleep, walk, or run. In general, I've been trying to do three run days, three walk days, one sleep day. In getting ready for work, I can budget 15 more minutes of sleep or 30 minutes of exercise, and somehow the math works out.*

As I was drifting off, I was considering making this a run day instead of the scheduled walk day since yesterday's run wasn't very solid. But at midnight, my daughter fell out of the bed; she fell asleep again almost right away. I, on the other hand, was up two hours (but discovered a geek parent podcast). So this morning, I considered sleep, but chose walk.

A third of the way through, I saw a wisp of a runner breeze by and wished I had chosen run.** (Sigh.)

* I will post eventually about the sleep vs. exercise conflict sometime in the future.
** Why not just start running? I was wearing the wrong bra for it. I'll post about that too.