Monday, August 27, 2012

Today's Run (or Beginning of the School Year)

Training day--15 minutes solid run/walk followed by 15 minutes walking home--a blend that works well for me. Made okay time, but felt sluggish getting going. I feel like I stay more in the groove if I run a little every day. At the same time, shouldn't I be allowing my body to rest in between? Maybe it's a sign that I'm not pushing myself hard enough.

I took the day off so I could get Miss settled in her first day of school. I could have put off my run until later, but I wanted to know how it fit with the new schedule. We did okay, all things considered. I think I'll be secure with the whole flow next week.

In a related note, I've discovered that reading about running is a little like reading about parenting: if I read cover-to-cover, I get overwhelmed by the feeling of UR DOIN IT RONG. Better to skim, find pearls, listen to supportive friends, and trust my instincts.