Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Today's Walk (or The Sleepless Shuffle or Stepping Out on Route 66)

Didn't sleep well last night. I always have a difficult time winding down after my evening shift. Plus Unnamed Puppy was restless in a way that made me wonder what she was getting into. When I finally got to sleep, I was awakened in the middle of the night by potty runs--both a talkative Little Miss and Unnamed Puppy. (I had a vague memory of this part of babyhood.) Anyhow, I'm glad today was a rest day--just a simple walk with Miss Bella. I reminded myself that just a few months ago what I consider a rest day used to be a workout day. I've come a long way.

I've also lost another pound. For a brief blink, I may actually weigh less than Mister.

I'm participating in a program called "Get Fit on Route 66" through work. It's basically wearing a pedometer and trying to make 213,000 steps (Route 66 being 2133 miles) in 10 weeks. I'm already over 5000 steps before my day has truly begun. I don't see this as being a huge change or motivator for me other than an esprit de corps thing for work. I probably would love it more if there were an electronic component--interactive map, badges, widgets. I turn stupid for shiny bits of code.