Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Today's Run (or I Was Glad)

I was glad when I said unto the dog, "Let us get up and go for a run this morning."

For the cooler morning weather, I was glad.
For the head cold that has settled into my nose instead of draining down my throat, I was glad.
For being able to run a little longer than last time, I was glad.
For the high school athletes running their laps, I was glad.
For the elderly couple making their daily walk together, I was glad.
For the crowing rooster I hear on my cool down walk but not from my house, I was glad.
For stars and sky and hope for the day, I was glad.
For noticing the strength I'm gaining before the fat I still have to lose, I was glad.

I was glad when I said unto the dog, "Let us get up and go for a run this morning."

(Every now and again, you just got to get your psalm on.)