Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today's Run (or Pretty Vanilla)

Bella* and I went out this morning for a pretty vanilla run with the exception of deliciously cool weather that I know won't stay. I'm still unable to add in warm up and cool down time to my training program. Checking the Runkeeper forums, I see other people are having the same issue. I'll have to work around it for a while. Not ideal, but not a deal breaker.

I did discover that I didn't quite look too closely at the program--today was a 2 min steady (run), 1 min slow (walk) set of intervals. In another week, it will expand to 2.5 min of running, 1 min walking. I was surprised during the run, but it doesn't scare me. There's still a ton of time before the first 5K. If I think too hard, I'm worried that I am going to make a fool of myself; then I remind myself about the costume--I'm already there. I can't really lose in the long run.

* Unnamed Puppy, should we keep her, will have have her health improve and learn some leash etiquette before I take her on a run. I will probably start working with her on walk days. The fact that Mister and I are having the conversation regarding working the dog logistics into our outings is a good sign.