Saturday, September 15, 2012

This Week in Motion

Although I have been moving regularly, I haven't been as consistent in my writing. The week seemed to be eaten up by work issues and trying to get Unnamed Puppy socialized and integrated within our family rhythms. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get my distance run in this weekend with Reserves, thunderstorms, and what wants to be the beginning of a cold. I may just have to put it off until my morning off on Tuesday; that will put me behind the training schedule at large, but life happens.

Just to clarify, I'm not running to lose weight. I'm running to be strong, to challenge myself, and because it's fun (it is, oddly enough). That being said, I've lost another pound--it's coming off as slow as I run, but I'm steady on both counts. It did cause me to have a bit of a clothing issue; when I started to run, my skort started to fall off.

So there's that.

I've also been nosing around Pinterest, and discovered some virtual races (races that you just run where you are and send in your stats). Many are free. I've decided to do the Cupcake Classic as a dress rehearsal for the Great Pumpkin (I should have my costume by then). There is bling if I want to order it, but that feels weird to do for myself. I do have an idea for my faithful readers (all 5 of you), so watch this space.