Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Even though it would have been nice to start the new year with a run, the rain and achy joints made it ill-advisable. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

I have, however, been knitting until my fingers are sore. I have only the ears left to knit, and then assembly. I suspect I will have that finished tomorrow, so that I will be able to mail it on Thursday when I finish my 13.1 miles.

I suppose I should declare some resolutions at this point. I'm going to try to lose weight; that's a byproduct of the running rather than a reason. I'm not sure about setting mileage. I'm still striving to at least one race a month.

If I'm declaring a goal, I want to learn to love the body I have--right this minute. Don't waste time complaining that it's not enough of this or too much of that. Right now, it's a pretty good body, and I intend to appreciate it as it is now and as it will change over the year.

I look forward to wonders in 2013.