Monday, January 21, 2013

(Virtual) Race Report: Princess in Training 5K

License to kill twice?
Charity: FUNd Run 4 Bling splits proceeds between the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Lazarex Cancer Society and Team Diabetes

Finish Time: 0:43:01

If January race #2 was going to happen, it really had to happen today, as next week is a Reserve weekend. There was a part of me that was hoping for a repeat of Saturday's time, but at mile one, I knew that it wasn't going to happen.

IMAG0641-1I could pull out my excuses--didn't sleep well at all last night, imbibed too much with friends without sufficient hydration, achy muscles, hotter than I anticipated ... blah-dy blah blah. Truth of the matter is that I really wasn't into it today. I knew I had to get it done. I knew this was the time to do it. So I went.


Yet, my time is still respectable for me--pretty average, all told. Lovely weather. The miles got done. The medal was earned. (Miss was less ceremonial this time, just handing it to me with a flat, "Here.") And the post-race kale butternut squash soup lunch tasted amazing.

I have some worries about next month's races, but I'm going to set them aside for now. One-sixth of my 12 race year goal is done.

I wonder how long before Miss notices the crown charm that came with the race packet? I better go enjoy that too.