Monday, December 31, 2012

SHM Cumulative Half Day 2: Reflection on 2012

I had this Neil Gaiman quote up at the office January of this year. I have had everything it says.

Read some fine books.
I read 48 books out of my 60 book goal. Many comic books, many biographies, some theology. Favorites include Mistress of the Art of Death, Silence of Our Friends, Let's Pretend This Didn't Happen, and the Ooku series. The Slow Fat Triathlete books were the most inspiring.

Kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful.
That happened. A lot. Who knew getting in shape could renew a marriage in such an amazing way?

Don't forget to make some art.
I did my usual dabbling around. Played with yarn. Made a go at an Etsy shop. Filmed a single episode of a video podcast. Did some voice work for an animated short that Mister submitted to a film festival.

Can you call this whole project of becoming a runner while wearing a Wonder Woman costume a form of performance art? Maybe so. It feels good to be writing regularly again.

I hope you surprise yourself.
I don't think anyone is more surprised than I am in this.

Here's to Magic and Dreams and Good Madness in 2013!