Monday, December 3, 2012

Today's Run OR Rainy Train

I groaned when I heard the rain when I first woke up. It was too late to get to the Y to use the treadmill. But with two races this week, I knew I had to get a run in. I reminded myself that Saturday's race was a rain-or-shine affair, and that rain was an actual possibility. Why not practice running in the rain?

The results weren't great--I felt sluggish, plus the slickness of the roads made me wary. I also cut part of the route a little short to avoid mud. Be that as it may, it got done. I regret not running more than running under bad conditions these days.

I did learn a hazard of the Season, however. I normally run without my glasses. I went to turn down one street, but I saw red and green reflections on the street. I didn't remember a streetlight that way; I must be turning too early. So I went down the next street. Once I got my bearings, I realized that the "streetlight" was Christmas lights on a house. D'oh!