Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Decision

This coming Sunday I will be joining my succubus friend and the Katy chapter of Moms Run This Town for the Running Mad Virtual Race. Yes, it's a teeny race. Yes, we'll be running neighborhood But with such a delicious theme, I really don't think I can resist a costume opportunity such as this.

Trouble is, I can't decide between two of them, and I need your help.

IMAG1880
I have often seen a runner without
a smile, but never a smile without
a runner.


Option 1: Cheshire Cat

Simplicity, really. Duct tape kitty ears. Smile on a stick. If I have time, I may make myself a tutu.

If I were doing a bigger race (and had more time and money), I would probably order a custom skirt from Rock City Skirts (pink and purple stripes?) and some gloves from Groovy Baby Action Gear (we'd have to discuss fabric options, but I love the embroidery). I would also improve on the ears and maybe a tail.








IMAG1881
We're all mad around here.
But the best people are.


Option 2: Mad Hatter

This one took a little more craftsmanship, if I do say so myself. I knitted and felted a little top hat (as one does), added embellishments, and attached it to a headband.* Quick addition of a ribbon tie.

Again, if it were a bigger race/more money and time, again I would consider some gloves/wristlets, some wacky socks, and stitch together a couple of scarves for a fluffier tie.


I know, right?

So here's how you can help me--go to my Facebook page and hit the Like button on the picture of the costume that you think I should wear on the day ... and I'll do it.

And just to sweeten the deal, those who vote for the winning costume will be put into a drawing for a BOGO coupon for Groovy Baby Action Gear! (Thanks, Katie!) I'll do the drawing on Sunday after the race (along with pictures, of course).

All the best people are mad, after all!

* No worries about wasted effort. I've made (and worn) a couple fascinators. I love stuff like this. This will get use no matter what.