Sunday, July 21, 2013

C25K Re-Do Okay: Week 4

Confession: Even though I've dabbled in this Running Thing for a little over a year now, I have never managed to run an interval over three minutes.

Until now.

The five minute intervals this week (especially the last one) were tough. Day 1, I found myself counting my breath, and ended up cutting the final interval too short. Day 2 was textbook, and I credit it to the fact that I knew geographically where each interval ended.

Soaked by the rain and feeling good.
Day 3 nearly didn't happen because as soon as I got dressed, rain dumped down. After a while, though, it let up a little, and I headed out. It was a struggle--I was fighting hormonal flux plus my midsection under my surgical scar ached a bit. I tried to keep it slow and easy, distract myself, badger myself, set landmarks (with a landmark right ahead so I didn't stop in case that wasn't far enough). Final result--all running intervals made except for a minute off the last one due to negotiating some mud.

From here on, it's an adventure.

As for the rest of this past week, it's been busy as usual. My Miss had her 6th birthday, and she continues to amaze me every day in every way.

In your TMI Moment of the Day, I finally figured out that rather than being constantly angry or sad, my PMS this month has manifested itself as a giant ball of apathy. At least that's what I'm calling it because I have felt myself unusually detached from what's going on around me (with a few exceptions). The weird part is that I feel like I'm better at work and at home by letting problems roll off my back. The flip side is that I'm worried a lack of passion and empathy isn't terribly healthy either--or at least it's not "me."

Or maybe I just need a nap. I think I'll go with that.