Sunday, July 7, 2013

C25K Re-Do Okay: Week 2

IMAG1824
So very tie-tie, Mummy.
Made it through my second full week of work, including a full weekend shift. Tired, yes. Very. Occasional moments of pain. My evening shift (which only happens once a week) is still on the tough side. But I'm trying to make sure I use what I am supposed to have learned--slow down, ask for help, delegate, set limits, accept support.

As colleague said to me, "You don't do anything easy, do you?"

Nailed it.

By George, I think she's got it!
I finished the second week of C25K, and I'm pleased so far. My running has been sloooooow but steady. The beginning is strong but not too fast. The middle has been steady and comfortable. The end has taken a little effort, but I've managed to talk my way through it.

In other words, I'm finally doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SHE CAN BE TAUGHT!

I'm also finally getting into my head that's it's okay to wear a fuel belt in the summer, even if it's just a couple of miles. If I have to give an explanation, I could say that I'm practicing carrying the weight. But the real reason is that it's hot, y'all! And by showing up and getting it done, I have earned the right to be comfortable--or at least hydrated.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that I need to start adding in some cross-training again. I'm just going to see how the energy and pain levels go.