Friday, May 31, 2013

May in Review

Miles Covered: 29.7 miles
5.4 miles walking
24.3 miles running

Halfway to my year goal of 500 miles.



If I were travelling from Bag End to Rivendell, we would have been attacked by the Nazgul (which is oddly appropriate for this month).

Races: 
Texas Flower Country Women's 10K

Reflection:
What can be said about this month? I went from this:


to this: 

IMAG1636-1

I did not plan to spend my time this month in pain and immobility. I feel like I have been shoved back to Square One, and I'm frustrated. I know I have until the end of July before I start training for my 10 miler in September, but I'm still afraid my skill and fitness level will not be ready. If it weren't for this blog, my FB page, and the fact that I've already paid my race fees, I would have probably quit by now.

I suppose the fact that I can shift my attention from pain to thinking about these things is a good sign. I've just got to get my endurance back. Which, of course, takes time.

I just have to remind myself that it's a temporary set-back. I have too many plans and schemes for the summer--including another giveaway.

One foot in front of the other is progress.