My blog (and by extension my page) is really for my benefit--it keeps me accountable, it keeps record of ups and downs. Plus, there's nothing I do that I can't talk excessively about it. And if my journey inspires, I find kindred souls, and I have a forum in which to ask questions, so much the better.
That being said, I really have been thinking about what my page and its message/theme. A lot of it is summed up in a decal I have on my car thanks to Gigi of Running on Candy.*
- As Wil Wheaton says, love what you love in the way that you love it. Now add running. Wear a tech tee that shows your fandom. Run in a costume (what I like to call "athletic cosplay"). Use the Run, Zombies app. Plan your training like a game or an RPG. Whatever motivates you, that's what's right for you.
- Find others that love what you love in way you love it. I saw a quote that said every runner is a mentor to every other runner. Encourage. Inspire. We all belong here.
- You do belong here. This is not high school. This is not The Breakfast Club. Yes, there are faster runners. Yes, there are runners who go farther. But if you run, you are a runner. This is your tribe.
- You can't level up without playing. No one starts with the Final Boss. We all start at Level One. Just go.
Want a decal of your own? Of course, you do. So here you go: Like my page (natch!), Like Running on Candy (who provided said decal), and leave a comment below as to what you believe makes a Nerd Runner.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends Friday, 15 November. (I'll try to find a few extras to toss into the mix as well. Because I love you.)
And because it would be creepy and greedy and mean to make you donate to/participate in Step Out to Stop Diabetes, I won't--but your generosity and good thoughts are always appreciated there as well.
* She also made a 10 mile decal for me too, which is tough to find! Lurve!