Wednesday, November 6, 2013

October in Review

Miles Covered: 46.6



While I'm not to my 500 mile goal, I seem to have arrived at Rivendell earlier this month.

No October races.

Reflection:
This month has been about endurance, and my inner coach has been working overtime. Here's the kind of things my inner coach says:

  • Every time you feel like quitting, take a sip of water.
  • You finished C25K in the hottest part of the year while recovering from surgery. You really going to quit now?
  • You completed a 10 mile race in 80+ degree weather and 100% humidity. You really going to quit now?
  • You can run 30 minutes continuously. What's another 15?
  • 15 minutes is just five, then five, then five. You can do five. Just do this five. 
And so on.

Which is not to say that I haven't had some spectacularly bad runs this past month. I've got a ton of excuses that aren't worth typing out. But I've had some good runs too. And I've been able to add in some weight work and yoga as well.

I think I can safely say that I have recovered almost fully from my surgery. There's still some nerve damage around the scar, but even that's beginning to fade.

I have high hopes for November--cooler weather and a ton of races. Bring it!