Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September in Review

Miles covered: 57.9

 

If I were travelling from Bag End to Rivendell, we would have past the Stone Trolls and met Glorfindel.

Race: Katy 10

Reflection:
I can't express how glad I am to have that elephant of a race out of my head. I'm still sore and a cold has settled in, but the memories are starting to shift from the pain to the pride. It's a little like theatre. Or childbirth.

I'm not sure in what direction my training will go right now. I had wanted to repeat the very first race I had run a year ago, but it appears they are not having it this year. None of the races this coming month really appeal to me. I do still have a virtual to knock out, so that may be that.

I have signed up for the Firefly Run in November; I'm going to run as Jayne Cobb (ba-dum-bump, nerds!). Ideally, I'd like to run the whole thing; but if it's like the Electric Run, I might get slowed down by people taking pictures with the light elements. I certainly don't expect a PR, but it should be fun.

As for December, I had planned a destination race, but circumstances are getting in the way. If things work out, I'm tempted to run a half marathon on my birthday weekend. But it's really just wait and see.

Feeling powerful? Maybe a little.