Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April in Review

Miles Covered: 61.2 miles
2.9 miles walking
58.3 miles running



If I were travelling from Bag End to Rivendell, not a lot would be happening beyond travelling away from Bree toward Weathertop.

All the more reason for Elevenses, I suppose.

Races:
Hetherington Fun Run

Reflection:
The cruelest month? Well, it certainly had its ups and downs.

First off, the weather has been just plain drunk--we go from 40s to 80s with whiplash speed. I keep thinking that I can put away my long pants and long sleeved shirts, and I am so very wrong every single time. At least I've got pockets with my cold weather clothes. Warm weather, not so much.

Secondly, my moods have been a little on the wacky side as I have been training for my first 10K. One minute, I'm feeling confident. The next minute, I'm brooding over my mental block on sustained runs. I know that most of running is actually in your head, and my Black Dog barks pretty loudly these days. I just keep at it, and try to remind myself how far I've come both figuratively and literally. Over five miles on foot, no matter how fast, is still an impressive amount all things considered.

There was Boston. And West.

There was this very nice feature story.

Mister has learned to make green smoothies which look weird but are most tasty.

And there was this totally non-running moment of complete Nerd Bliss that I'm gratuitously leaving right here simply because I can.

IMAG1570-1
That's Neil Gaiman. If you don't know who that
is, then there's no explaining my crazy fangirl
joy in this moment.