Saturday, April 20, 2013

10K Week 7

What a week.

I'm sure I was like most of you--I'd listen to the news until I couldn't bear it; I'd turn off the news until I couldn't bear not to know. I've been thinking a lot about the Ring Theory--comfort in, dump out. I'm watching the running community react to the Boston bombing--creating t-shirts/bracelets/bands/sleeves (with a donation going toward relief), creating running opportunities ... trying to figure out how where this all falls on the Ring. Trying to figure out if it's enough.

And then there's West, TX, too.

Sometimes the world is so big, and it's tough to know what to do and how to serve. Another reason to go for a run ... and micromanage those runs.

So this is Week 7 in the 10K program. While I've been making all my training runs, cross-training has been a wash. My legs felt wonky after Tuesday. I gave blood and plasma on Thursday, but I felt nauseous for the rest of the morning--so much so that I ended up going home from work. It's a Reserve weekend, so I'm putting off my long run until this evening. The three minute intervals are still pretty rough. Thankfully, the weather is milder than usual, but my legs and tummy still feel a little odd. We'll just see how it goes.

Less than a week until my next 5K race at Texas Library Association annual conference. I was hoping for a PR, but we'll just have to see how it goes.