Saturday, April 6, 2013

10K Week 4 Complete

Finished week 4 of the training, which was a 2 minute run/1 minute walk combo. I did this Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesday, I worked the heavy bag and did some core work. Thursday was a fail; I meant to pull out one of my videos, but ended up sleeping in instead. Today is official Rest Day. I'm actually pretty okay with all that plus PMS. (Totally TMI here. You've been warned.)

Ideally, I know I should slow down my run intervals so that I'm completely running them all. I did this at the beginning of the week, and my average page sucked. Later in the week, I completed the beginning run intervals at a much quicker pace, didn't complete the ones in the middle (but at least ran at least half of each interval), and completed most of the end run intervals. The result was a faster average pace and more mileage. I'm really not sure how this all plays out in terms of overall race strategy. I don't imagine it would work all that well for a half.

At least for now, however, I'm sticking with it. Friday, I finished 3.5 miles in 43 minutes. If I keep this up, I'm going to totally kick ass at my race end of this month at my professional conference!

And, no, it's not about the weight. HOWEVER, even premenstrual, even retaining water, I seem to be maintaining 189lbs. I'm hoping I can be solidly in the 180s soon. I've gone down another pant size too. I wish I was less spare tire around the middle, but Mister commented that my arms are noticeably smaller. I know I'm in denial about the eating-running connection. I really don't want my focus to be the weight, but I know I will be a better runner without the extra baggage.

Here's to starting Week 5 tomorrow--running interval increases to 3 minutes. Eek!