Monday, July 14, 2014

#July100Miles: Week Two



 Halfway (more or less)!

This week was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. The muscles in my legs have been protesting the constant use. The toe, as suspected, didn't give me any trouble after Tuesday or so. The joints in my right arm, however, were screaming for a while--shoulder, elbow, fingers ... With all the mosquitoes that have been feasting on me, I was beginning to wonder if I had caught one of those diseases that makes it on the news. And then I realized that was the arm I use to grip the leash--and grip tightly sometimes; I switched off, and it feels better.

In other news, July is hot. Really hot. Really horribly, horrendously, hellishly hot. I can choose to sleep in or attempt to run in the sun. Therefore, I am sunburned a bit. Also, depending on when I go, I can only seem to shuffle out a continuous two miles before walking. I am trying not to beat myself up about this.

I'm still using Zombies, Run! as a motivator, and I'm a little irritated that a cliffhanger story mission was broken up by a side mission at least twice now (which means I have to pay attention a little more than I really like). However, there seems to have been a content drop--the supplies I pick up are more varied* and there are some new buildings, including a library ... and a dog kennel ... and a tequila distillery.**


According to my math (which can be shaky at best), I had clocked enough hours that I was able to take a rest day, which I took last Friday in celebration of my (almost) 17th wedding anniversary. I'm hoping I can do the same next week for my daughter's birthday as well. (More family walks!)

Best wishes to everyone for next week! 

* How many sports bras does one township need? Runner 5, you have a serious problem. (On the other hand, I have a great poster idea ....)
** I got all Montessori and put a vegetable garden next to my school. I don't know why that makes me feel satisfied since I can't seem to grow anything IRL with or without the help of small hands.